Amazon.com Widgets
I thought these things might be clues.
user-pic

when will americans wake up.

Vote 0 Votes

when will americans wake up and smell the coffee ? im relatively new in politics . i have only been following for about 5 years now . im 37 , white , male , married , and have 5 kids . the one thing that i have come to believe since i have been following politics is that they are all the same . democrats , republican , left wing , right wing , center , moderate , or radical . all politicians are the same . they all get their money from the same places . they all pander to the people they think will get them elected , and when they are they always do what it takes to keep their big donors happy first . keep their pockets filled second . and keep their base happy so they can get re-elected third . they get us arguing and fighting amoungst ourselves about things that dont really matter like religion , gay rights , abortion rights , and who is doing what with who . things that most people wouldnt want other people sticking their noses in their business about . while we are busy fighting and arguing and debating about all these trivial things the politicians are busy getting rich , getting their friends rich , and conducting business as usual .

obama , bush , clinton , bush , reagan . these are the presidents i can remember anything about what they did in my life . and the one thing i remember is everything stayed the same or got worse for the average person , and no matter how different what they said was they all did the same things . i hope we wake up and realize that we are all getting screwed , and 99% of us will never be rich , and we need to stop arguing about the things that dont matter and make things better for us all . the way i see it is if we all get a little slice of the pie it would be better than a few getting big slices and the rest of us fight for scraps.

3 Replies

• So you want the politicians to stop arguing about things that don't matter, and give you some money? Not to get too personal, but if you've got 5 kids, you're getting some pretty sweet tax deductions (Democrats call these subsidies).

You've clearly explained your disgust with the Democratic republic system, but failed to enlighten us with a superior alternative. Should we go back to having a king?

• i dont understand how anything i said could lead you to think i want the government to give me money . it is not disgust that i have for the system , it is disgust i have for all of us who let a broken system continue . i think it would be a refreshing change if we would all wake up . as i stated i am relatively new to politics and dont profess to have many answers , but i do think all of us voters voting for what would make our country better it would be a good start . when our representatives have to pander to the lobbies that give them the money it makes it impossible for them to do anything other than the status quo

• of course i take the (subsidies) . that is one of the things i think they got right . a society can only be as good as the way it treats its poorest people . the richest people inthis country get the most and biggest (subsidies) and that isnt good for anyone. the midle class people who make up 80% of our populace have been squeezed until we are down to our last pennies . good working class families shouldnt have to struggle just to have a basic existence in the richest country in the world. we are fortunate enough to have been born in a country that is capeable of great things and we should all work together to make everyone better off.

Navigation

Markdown

You can use markdown in your comments and posts.

Contact

Support This Site

advertise_liberally.gif

Google Ads

Forums

scarlet_A.png

Advertise Liberally Blogroll

All Spin Zone
AMERICAblog
AmericanStreet
ArchPundit
BAGNewsnotes