The Guide should be referenced as follows:
Stephen Downes. Stephen's Guide to the Logical Fallacies. Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, 1995-2001. http://www.datanation.com/fallacies
Copyright restrictions are as follows:
- Stephen's Guide to the Logical Fallacies (hereafter referred to as "the Guide") is copyright to Stephen Downes, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada.
- Any person may reproduce this Guide, in whole or in part, for any purpose, provided the following conditions are met:
- That the author, Stephen Downes (firstname.lastname@example.org) be notified by email or in writing.
- That no money is charged for access to the content of this site. Money may be charged for:
- reproduction costs, if the Guide is printed and distributed on paper
- course fees, if the Guide is used as supplementary or resource material in a course
- That this copyright provision be included in all publications of this Guide.
- Note: the purpose of this copyright is not to restrict use of or access to this Guide. In fact, the opposite is the case. The purpose of this copyright is to ensure that the contents of the Guide remain freely accessible to all persons in perpetuity.
The URL for this site is:
Permission is granted to:
An email notification of a link would be appreciated, but is not required.
- Link to this site from another site
- List this site in both online and offline indices of sites.
Permission is hereby granted to mirror this site, either in English or translated into any other language, subject to the provisions listed under 'Reproduction', above.
Links to mirrors will be posted on the main page.
Stan's version of the Guide
I really shouldn't have to state this, but...
The contents of the Guide are offered free of charge without warranty. Any ill effects suffered as a result of the use of the Guide are the sole responsibility of the user, and not the author of the Guide.
05 June 1998