Links With Your Coffee - Friday
- McCain's VP Pick, Palin
Senator John McCain chose Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska as his running mate, shaking up the political world with a surprise pick at a time that his campaign has been trying to attract women, especially disaffected supporters of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
With Mr. McCain’s choice of Ms. Palin – a 44-year-old conservative Christian and self-described “hockey mom” who has been governor for a mere two years – he reached very far outside the Beltway in an election where the Democratic nominee, Senator Barack Obama, is running as part of a new generation of change.
Obama Campaign Response
Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same.
- FreThink » Blog Archive » Swedish government - it’s illegal for schools to teach religious doctrine as if it were true.
- When it comes to foreign policy, John McCain is more of a neocon than President Bush. - By Fred Kaplan - Slate Magazine
- Barack Obama, A Free-Market-Loving, Big-Spending, Fiscally Conservative Wealth Redistributionist - NYTimes.com
- Language Log » Rushdie 1, Fish 0
- On Copy Editing - washingtonpost.com
- Salman Rushdie wins apology - and spurns cash - in libel case | Books | The Guardian
- Sean M. Carroll: life at the edge | Jacket Copy | Los Angeles Times
- The BookFinder.com Report: August 2008
- The Christian Right's Got a New Stealth Tactic to Smuggle Creationism into Science Class | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet
- Spelling error charged to Twins | MLB.com: News
- Annoyed Librarian: Mindless List for 2012
- Language Log » Does CBS News mean it?
- Bible Thumper | Mark Fiore's Animated Cartoon Site
- Undecideds—By Todd Gitlin (Harper's Magazine)
- BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Fly's brain 'senses swat threat'
- Looking to be understood? - John Baker’s Blog
- Judge orders woman to return two library books or go to jail - Boing Boing