Links With Your Coffee - Thursday
- Lawsuit could be power shake-up for Obama, McCain - Yahoo! News
Barack Obama and John McCain, two senators who want to become president, are trying not to pick sides in the White House's court fight with Congress over executive privilege.
That's ironic, since they have the most to gain — or lose — depending on the outcome of a hearing held Monday in U.S. District Court in Washington.
The groundbreaking case pits Congress, which wants testimony and documents from two of President Bush's top advisers, against the White House, which refuses to honor the subpoena.
- Miles to Go - washingtonpost.com
In Ralph Nader's Race for Reform, This Is No Time to Slow Down
- Obama disagrees with high court on child rape case - Yahoo! News and I disagree with Obama.
- Bloggingheads.tv - diavlogs(video Sean Carroll and David Albert)
Science Saturday: Time’s Arrow(12:28)
How a philosopher of science spends his time (08:34)
David describes his run-in with the “What the Bleep!?” cultists (11:56)
Is good science too disturbing to make good entertainment? (04:46)
Sean and David take on John Horgan’s critique of string theory (10:54)
String theory’s predictive power (or lack thereof) (06:04)
Why is the past so different, in so many ways, from the future?
- Joe Lieberman Must GO
- Wonk Room » Elizabeth Edwards On The Inequitable Individual Market
- George Carlin's Last Interview
- Think Progress » Reid to co-sponsor effort to strip retroactive immunity from FISA bill. (Updated)